Close to 20
From the Investigations 3 curriculum, which Brookline will begin adopting in the 2020-2021 school year.
If you don’t have cards around, you can either print them or check out some creative suggestions for alternatives from the kids in 3M
• Counters (like cubes, pennies, scraps of paper, etc.)
- Deal 5 cards to each player.
- Take turns. On each turn:
- Choose 3 cards that make a total as close to 20 as possible.
- Record the total of the 3 cards, and your score.
- Your score is the difference between your total and 20.
- Take that many cubes.
- Put those cards aside and take 3 new cards.
- After each player has taken 5 turns, total your score.
- Count your cubes. You should have the same number of cubes as your total score.
- The player with the lowest total score is the winner.