Plus or Minus 9 Bingo
From the Investigations 3 curriculum, which Brookline will begin adopting in the 2020-2021 school year. You can play this game online, too!
If you don’t have cards around, you can either print them or check out some creative suggestions for alternatives from the kids in 3M
• Something to cross off or cover the numbers on the bingo board (e.g. pencil, pen, coins, etc.)
- Turn over one 0–20 card.
- Figure out the results of adding and subtracting 9 to/from that number.
11 + 9 = 20 11 – 9 = 2
- Cover one of the answers on your gameboard. (If both are already covered, discard the card, and turn over a new card.)
- Place the 0–20 card in the discard pile.
- Continue playing until all numbers in one row are covered. The numbers can go across, down, or corner to corner .